• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Swollen saliva gland

P

Pippa

Although this isnt exactly teeth,I have been having lots of treatment recently and now have had 6 teeth removed.I posted about it in the support section.

I had one tooth removed from my lower gum on Thursday and a few days before that had pain in my lower jaw radiating to my right ear.I first thought it was an infection caused by the tooth needing to come out.I told the dentist and his assistant about this ache and neither of them did any probing or tried to look.

Later I was poking with my tongue and felt this awful hard lump at the bottom of my mouth and it seems to be the right saliva gland.The one on the left is still small and soft.

Anyone know why it might be swollen or what might cause this ? Helllllpppp please !

You need to ask your dentist to check it out I'm afraid, it would be total guesswork to attempt to diagnose it from here.

Back