• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Thank you for your posts, faced my fear today

Z

Zjld32

After 10+ years of avoiding the dentist and lots of shame/embarrassment about an front cavity/chip and broken wisdom teeth, I found this forum... Because of your words I faced my fears and made an appointment ( was nauseous after the phone call). I told several people about my appointment to keep me from backing out and after two weeks of worrying I went today! They did my cleaning, which I'm sure was a lot of years of work, X-rays, and made me a treatment plan all in less than an hour. All this worrying for what in the end was a small moment of my life that went much better than expected. I have five cavities and need my wisdom teeth removed but the relief of facing the unknown and knowing what I needed to do to get back on track was amazing. No more fear, it's like I left it there today. Of course, I explained to them my fear and was very honest about my worries and they were very kind and caring and patient. In six appointments (they spread it out to make it easier on me) my teeth will be fixed and pain-free and now I'm actually excited to get this started. All of this because of this forum letting me know I wasn't alone. I wanted to post this today to let anyone who is in the same situation know IT WILL BE OK and whatever worries you have are probably worse than what you will actually need. Thank you all again, and if anyone needs support/someone to cheer them on, I am here to pay it forward. Thanks and good luck to anyone reading this!

What a great success story! Congratulations on facing your fears, you should be very proud of yourself! :jump:

I'm glad that you found the forum and the stories of others helpful, I did also. (I'm not quite sure if I would have ventured back when I did if I hadn't found this site.). I'm sure that your success story will help ease the mind of others who are fearful so I thank you for sharing it. :thankyou:

Wishing you you well on the rest of your dental journey!
Takingflight