• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Today is the day...tell me it's going to be okay

Well done JayBay! I'm so happy it went well for you. It can be the hardest thing in the world walking through that door for treatment when you're so scared, but this is yet another story where the build up to it is much worse than the event. I'm a little surprised you remember so much about the procedure, but I guess we all may react differently to the sedation, or maybe it has something to do with the dosage, I don't know.

Take it easy during the recovery time, follow the after-care instructions, and take your painkillers regularly. :)

Oh yeah :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:you've done it :jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump::jump: and to think you wouldn't have believed last night what you have just written.

I am so pleased for you, that is one good dentist, I can't believe you can't wait to go back, now that is what I call a RESULT :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer2::cheer2::thumbsup::thumbsup::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance::dance::dance::yayy::wow::perfect::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::bounces::bounces::bounces::butterfly::butterfly::butterfly::superman::superman::superman:

Your jaw may ache for a few days, nothing bad. Happy healing :respect::respect::respect:

I am impressed :cool::cool::cool:

Thanks for your support carole and others, your a asset to this forum. I hope others read this who are in the same boat as i was. Being scared stiff of the dentist others probably wont believe my story or others till you go (i didnt) but you MUST MUST MUST believe the stories on here. Without a doubt the whole thing was just like walking to the doctors for a checkup..........THAT EASY! still dont believe it? go and do it yourself and tell me otherwise....i dare ya!. lol.

Anyway the key is find the dentist YOU feel comfy with, the rest is the easy part.

Seriously people dont delay like i did for so long, go to the dentist sort your self out. Dental issues can cause other health issues and can be serious in the long run. I may of got there just in time but dont be the one that leaves it too late.

Each and every time we have a successful dentist appointment it feels like this. All the worry and stressing before then after, the walking on air, feeling like we have conquered the world. It is like the best feeling in the world, we get to feel so good and get healthy orally as well.

Can't really lose can we :wow::wow::wow::whistle::butterfly: