• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Today is the day

  • Thread starter Thread starter zombiegroupie
  • Start date Start date
Z

zombiegroupie

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2014
Messages
415
Going to the new dentist. This is my first time since December 2019. Worried about what they’re going to tell me. I just hope she’s nice and understanding and maybe I can actually get this stuff fixed
 
Best of luck @zombiegroupie! I hope she turns out to be keeper 🤗 . Let us know how you get on today!!
 
It went better than I expected. Because I floss a lot and brush 2x a day, my teeth weren’t in bad shape even after 7 years of no cleanings!
I need a replacement crown on one tooth. And 4 fillings
The crown appointment couldn’t be set right away so I’m not going back until 9/29. I really hope I can do ok getting it done
 
Hey that's good news 🤗 . Great to hear that she is kind and patient. I hope the treatment goes smoothly for you! You probably have a fair idea from your previous dentist (the one before last) what helps you during appointments to make them easier?
 
@letsconnect yes I did tell her the things that have helped me get work done in the past. She was really receptive and agreeable to it so I hope it works out !
 
That's really great to hear 👍 - there's no reason why it shouldn't work out ☺️
 
Thank you :) I have to be there at 1030 and I’m starting to get real nervous but pushing forward
 
@zombiegroupie
I have to go to the dentist tomorrow. I'm nervous as well but I will push forward as well:)
Hope it went relatively well for you.
 
Happy to say it went ok! I was having terrible anxiety symptoms when I went in. But I just made myself stay through it. I have a temporary crown on and it feels really weird but I only have to have it for two weeks. Then I am going back
 
Great to hear you made it through - congratulations 🎉🥳!!!
 
Back
Top