• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth after many years of RCT and crown, slight react to temperature and percussion

S

simple

Tooth after many years of RCT and crown, slight react to temperature and percussion

I have a tooth which RCT and Crown for many years. Last year the crown dropped, and dentist placed it back again.

Since last month, I felt like this tooth was a bit "unstable", not everyday, but sometimes. I believe that when I bite, I can feel a bit on this tooth. When drink hot beverage , it reacts too (I do not drink cold,so i have no idea will it reacts to cold beverage). I tried percussion on this tooth, it felt totally different than other teeth. Harder touch to press also will make me feel.

Is it normal?

Re: Tooth after many years of RCT and crown, slight react to temperature and percussion

You need to make a visit to your dentist and let them have a look and test it to be sure. We could only make an uneducated guess which won't help you at all.

Sorry you need to see your dentist :butterfly:

Back