• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Tooth popping

P

Paige2018

I have a tooth (#3 UR root canal Molar) that pops periodically after I drink something. Tonight, I was drinking a soda and didn’t swallow fast enough and it was in my mouth for a few seconds. When the tooth popped, I felt a lot of pressure and it continues to be a little sore with pressure. It has never hurt or had pressure before when it pops.
I am super anxious and worried about this tooth, and I. General I am an anxious person. I can’t afford a dentist visit right now, and I am scared. Any suggestions or recommendations? Thank you!

Can you try finding an affordable dentist? It's better not to ignore this unusual symptom of a tooth popping sensation.

Yes, I am trying to find a good dentist that is open today and has an available appointment. It is proving to be harder than I thought. I have a call into my endodontist to see if they can get me in, or if I need to continue to try and find a dentist that is open with an available appointment.

Last night and this morning, it has been 'zinging' more than usual and it is making me more worried and a nasty feeling in the pit of my stomach. I really don't want to have to wait until Monday to try and be seen because I worry about it getting worse over the weekend.

I go to an emergency dentist who is very honest and reasonable. and .... has amazing hours. Friday evenings and Saturday during day . Maybe there is someone like this near to you? even if it is not technically an emergency. These dentists do regular dentistry too and are available often quicker and more conveniant times.

Back