• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Unnecessary stress

  • Thread starter Thread starter Khad9372
  • Start date Start date
K

Khad9372

Junior member
Joined
Dec 20, 2024
Messages
3
Location
Manchester
Hi I’m not sure if I can get advice for this
For months I have been waiting to see the special care dentist at the dental hospital. I have been highly anxious this week and today I hoped to get an appointment for treatment
However the referral has been triaged to the incorrect place for just extractions which my dentist did have referred me to but hasn’t said in the referral about the root canals that need doing so I saw an oral surgeon who said she can’t do fillings she only does extractions and that if they are putting me to sleep they need to do everything including fillings in one go at the special care dentistry part of the hospital
Now I have to wait for a copy of the letter sent to the dentist where they are asking for a full assessment of my teeth and what needs doing. Obviously it being Christmas and new year period this could take two weeks to recieve.

I am disheartened by this I’ve waited since may last year to finally get my teeth sorted and the excruciating pain.
She has given me another appointment with the dental hospital so I don’t get lost in the system

Do you think I will have to wait as long for another referral or can this all be done quicker
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1744.jpeg
    IMG_1744.jpeg
    56.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1743.jpeg
    IMG_1743.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 3
So sorry to read what had happened. You have been so brave to go to the appointment.. I cannot even imagine how devastating it must have been to be told that they cannot help after you have been waiting so long and have to deal with such pain :( If the dentist has given you another appointment with the dental hospital to make sure you don't get lost, she probably really wants to help. I would hope that things go a bit faster then. Fingers crossed.
 
@Enarete thank you so much, this really reassured me ☺️ I’m now experiencing pain with my retained root I’m going to try and get an appointment with my dentist tomorrow, hopefully she can do an X-ray of it and also everything so it saves another appointment once she gets this letter. However I can’t get this removed as it’s underneath the gum. I woke up last night cause of the pain and I’m worried infection is spreading to the tooth next of it. I’ve lost three teeth and I’m 23 for reasons I don’t know why.
This is all a lot to deal with on top of mental health as well and I’m constantly on edge waiting for the next tooth to fall out.
I feel like a right idiot however going to the dentist but not being able to get anything done.
 
Hey, were you able to get the root checked? How did it go?
 
They gave me antibiotics, and stronger painkillers which had really helped. She also said once she gets the letter from the dentist hospital she will get me in to see her even if it’s her lunch hours to look at everything and do full X-ray and then she will do an urgent referral to dental hospital which should take two weeks to get an appointment 🙂
 
Back
Top