• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What is the best toothbrush

Q

queenie

Hi..can one of our expert recommend which is the best type of toothbrush to use. I'm in the UK.

Are electric ones best? Sonic? I just cought a Colgate thingy which looks like a normal manual toothbrush but the head vibrates.

Any thoughts?

The only one with any data to back up the manufacturer's claims is the Oral-B Braun electric brush.

I have a couple of these and quite like them. The heads tend to be expensive though.

I stand by the Dr Tung's Ionic toothbrush.  It's worked much better for me than any of the electric ones.  And only 1/4 of the price.  Any brand Ionic toothbrush should work the same, I would think.  

I'm a big plaque producer, and after I brush with this simple-looking soft brush, there's almost nothing to floss.  I'm so amazed very morning!  No more sore gums!  

Back