• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

What is your experience with a "watch" area?

NervousUSA

NervousUSA

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 9, 2022
Messages
471
Location
USA
I have had my "watch" area being watched for about 7 years, and I am starting to wonder if it will one day need filling, or what. I was wondering if other people with "watches" would be willing to describe their experience, and if they eventually got fillings, or the watching just went on forever, or what happened?
 
I had a “watch” spot between two molars. I brush and floss regularly and was told to switch to a higher fluoride toothpaste. After a few years my dentist said they didn’t see it as a problem anymore.
My daughter has a few spots as well. They actually are white spots and her dentist said they will never change back but can “strengthen” so they are not getting worse. She was given a prescription toothpaste to use until her braces are off. At her last checkup the dentist said they haven’t gotten any worse.
 
Back
Top