The bleeding can take a little while to subside. In my case, they sent me home biting on gauze and I think I changed them out a few times until it stopped. If the gauze is thick, it is easy to keep it in place. You can have the excess come out of the corners of your mouth so the gauze is really only on the extraction sites and not too bothersome. I think complications with bleeding are pretty rare unless you have some sort of disorder with blood not clotting as it should or take medications that thin the blood (which they will instruct you to stop prior to the extractions). My wisdom teeth were impacted so I actually had sutures on all 4 extraction sites and I think the stitches also minimized the bleeding. Keep in mind, bleeding in the mouth can seem worse or much more than it actually is because it’s mixing with saliva.