• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Wondering What Influence Your Parents Played In Your Dental Health?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sweet Tooth
  • Start date Start date
Sweet Tooth

Sweet Tooth

Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2026
Messages
63
Location
USA
My parents took care of the Cleft Palate/Cleft Lip part by getting me all the treatment I needed for that.
But, I can't ever remember hearing my mother ask me if I brushed my teeth. Now and then I woud make myself brush my teeth. I wish that I took better care of my teeth when I was growing up. I probably would have less fillings and root canals.
When I see people with a beautiful smile, I will think, "They must have taken good care of their teeth their whole life." I share this regret with my current dentist.

What about you?
 
Back
Top