M
Mands86
Junior member
- Joined
- Apr 26, 2015
- Messages
- 11
Hi all.
I had my upper right 6 molar removed on Thursday morning. My dentist said I could smoke 24 hours after the procedure. I held off and when I did smoke it was light puffs on the left of my mouth. I have been gently salt water rinsing, brushing but not on the extraction site and largely sticking to soft foods.
Its now about 75 hours since the extraction and I am not in pain but I don't think that the clot is in the socket. It feels like my gum has grown over as I can't feel a hole either. Is this possible? I've spent the last 3 days living in fear of dry socket as most advice says dont smoke for 72 hours. My dentist said 24 was fine. Does this sound like it's healing normally?
I had my upper right 6 molar removed on Thursday morning. My dentist said I could smoke 24 hours after the procedure. I held off and when I did smoke it was light puffs on the left of my mouth. I have been gently salt water rinsing, brushing but not on the extraction site and largely sticking to soft foods.
Its now about 75 hours since the extraction and I am not in pain but I don't think that the clot is in the socket. It feels like my gum has grown over as I can't feel a hole either. Is this possible? I've spent the last 3 days living in fear of dry socket as most advice says dont smoke for 72 hours. My dentist said 24 was fine. Does this sound like it's healing normally?