• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Worried to death about complications.

J

Jwwood

I had a tooth extracted two days ago, before the visit I had worked excessively about complications sure to my high blood pressure, possibility of bleeding to death etc. The extraction went great, took about 12 hours to fully stop the bleeding. The blood clot formed, in 2 days I've eaten 1 cup of pudding and a bowl of ice cream. The clot appears to still be intact, but is no longer dark red, it is turning a grayish yellow color, I am worried that it may be infected. The whole day of the day they removed the tooth, my heart rate was btween 108-130, being in beta blockers my heart rate usually stays between 60-80. Yesterday, I woke up with amazing almost low blood pressure, and felt very fatigued, my body felt tired and wore out, had a headache, but no pain in extraction site, today I wake up, high heart rate again, mild temperature 99. And mild stomach pains. Abs like I said the blood clot looks discolored. I'm on day 3. I have scored the Internet for pictures of a healthy blood clot, as I am worried about infection, I am worried about the elevated heart rate, and I so very hungry, but afraid to eat. I've been lightly rinsing with saltwater the past two days and then with peridex this morning, should I be worried? Or is this all in my head? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 20150809_094440_001.jpg20150809_094638_001.jpg20150809_094638_001.jpg

Hi :welcome: to the forum.

It looks normal to me but I am not a dentist it is only my opinion. As long as you don't have pain that keeps you awake or a bad taste you will be fine. If you are still worried then contact your dentist when they open.

I wouldn't be worried though. I don't know about the heart rate or your other medical problems. I think you would feel better if you ate which you can do. Just eat on the other side and rinse your mouth after to keep it clean. I will put a link here for you with idea's on what to eat

I hope this helps :butterfly:

Thank you for the welcome Carole. There is no pain aside from a mild throbing occasionally. And definitely no foul taste, first two days tasted like metal in assuming from the blood, today though tastes normal. And, yeah, I can try to contact them on Monday, but won't be able to see anybody, as appointments are weeks out at a time. I did however try eating a small bit. Thank you for the link on ideas for what to eat. Will see how today goes, hopefully will feel better tomorrow.

It is now the evening of the third day, headache, and mild nausea. A few white spots on throat, reminiscent of strep. Being anxious and a mild hypochondriac, I fear infection. :shame::confused:

Back