• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

19 years old. several teeth breakage.

  • Thread starter Thread starter jadelouisevale
  • Start date Start date
J

jadelouisevale

Junior member
Joined
Nov 16, 2012
Messages
1
2012 has been the most miserable time of my life. my teeth have always been strait, white and descent apart from the odd filling. all of a sudden I managed to break a tooth on my top jaw, 3rd from the back. but my fear is that bad that I would allow myself to suffer for at least a month before going to the dentist. I had half of the tooth hanging on by a filling which was attached to the slightly more stable side. when my tooth was in that state I started to fill pain on the other side, same tooth but other side. well I relied on that side of my mouth to eat. had to start getting on other side which then triggered pain in both sides. I had to ring dentist then, I had to wait 5 months for my sedation appointment. I ended up going private and said £350.
during the time I was waiting for my appointment, I was eating and discovered I had lost half of my back tooth. so for two months in the end I had To suffer with 3 nerves exposed all on my top jaw. I had them all extracted, it was a joy to be able to eat again. after the sedation I had another appointment and got other teeth filled. 3 months passed, only to break another one on the top jaw again, thank god, I got it crowned. 4 months have now passed and the other day I have broke a part of my back tooth at the top which is a wisdom tooth that only came through the gum after all my dentist appointments, it broke the same way as the tooth did before it. top it all off I chipped my front tooth slightly as a kid which now has that glue paste stuff on it, I know there not totally strong but no matter what I do it always break s off. but I suffer from bad mucus which caused me to stop breathing when under sedation. why are my teeth like this? I do care for them how I'm ment to . I don't want to lose all my top teeth before I'm 21 years old. help me please.
 
Hi,

You are in a very rough situation. I hope it will turn out better to you soon. You deserve having a healthy mouth. I am certain you will get many good advises in this forum.

there are two key questions that popped up while reading your thread:

1) what is the reason/s for your dental problems? You a too young to have so many dental problems, and if these factors are left untreated, you can have all the dental treatments in the world but still the problems will reappear. Here a a couple of examples for such reasons: insufficient dental hygien, high sugar and/pr acidic diet, reduced saliva, medications and many others.

2) is there a chance you overcome the need for sedation? Being depended on sedation means getting seldem treated and each time by a different dentist. The best for you is finding one dentist who can take responsibility over your dental health, and gradually treat you. That's the best way to have a long term dental health. So, can you imagine yourself being treated being without sedation? What could help you reach this state?

All the best.
 
I just wanted to reinforce everything that Dr Daniel said. The advantage of youth is that you have time to effect a change. I have seen many many patients change their diet and care and over a period of years go from frequent problems to very few problems.
 
Back
Top