• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

21 no wisdom teeth yet? questions health anxiety getting the best of me again :( am i overthinking?

L
21 no wisdom teeth yet? questions health anxiety getting the best of me again :( am i overthinking?

Hey,

So I'm 21 22 in August this year and I haven't had any wisdom teeth through yet, now a few times when brushing my teeth 2 night this week i think it wednes and tues there was a bit of blood when brushing I may have brushed a little too hard though I've gone more gentle now with fingertips since I haven't seen any It was behind my 2nd molar at the top left so i started worrying about impacted wisdom teeth my mind went straight there but maybe it was a bit of food or something that got stuck and irritated?

Anyway when i had that tooth out i posted on here about in i think it was june 2015 I was 19 2 months away from 20 and when he did the x-ray he didn't say anything about wisdom teeth. Do you reckon if he did see them he'd know whether they were coming in right etc? straight away or can they just go impacted after a while? He didn't say anything so maybe there wasn't any there.

Now over the last couple of days I can't stop worrying incase something is impacted every now and then I get like little head aches and when eating sometimes and when i chew hard up that side of my gum it can hurt a tiny bit barely noticeable but feeling there i don't know if it feels like a little ulcer or what not. Also get a little head ache from time to time on that side top of cheek and into my head could be stress?

Nothing is massively painful or noticeable pain I am just overthinking this? Beings as i was nearly 20 when he did the x-ray back in 2015 do you reckon they would've been on the x-ray then or what? Is it possible i might not have any because if i do knowing my luck they will become impacted :( and this scares me the top ones I think would struggle to come through the bottom i'm not sure as i have 3 teeth missing on the bottom half.

Thanks, Jack

Re: 21 no wisdom teeth yet? questions health anxiety getting the best of me again :( am i overthinki

Have you seen your wisdom teeth on X-ray ? I ask because I never developed them at all. None under the gum. I was never told until my mid teens when I was getting braces and the orthodontist made mention of it.

Re: 21 no wisdom teeth yet? questions health anxiety getting the best of me again :( am i overthinki

I also never had wisdom teeth, and I'm almost 35. Maybe ask about it to ease your anxiety.

It is certainly possible to have NO wisdom teeth whatsoever. Perhaps if you call your dentist he can tell you how they appeared on that X-ray (or if they did at all).

Yes, I might go and get a checkup as i went to one in jan 2016 but then didn't go to the next out of fear :(, I would have thought if the wisdom teeth where infact on the x-ray back in 2015 he would have said something but I'm not totally 100 percent sure as you said.

I do take good care of my teeth no as i really don't want to go through such an ordeal again as last time and yes the cbt is helping my anxiety in bits but only bits :(. I think oversleeping is a big issue of mine and that makes my anxiety/ depression allot worse and really gets me down.

Have you seen your wisdom teeth on X-ray ? I ask because I never developed them at all. None under the gum. I was never told until my mid teens when I was getting braces and the orthodontist made mention of it.

When i was 19 nearly 20 and had the x-ray for that tooth that had to come out he said nothing about Wisdom teeth at all. Never had one after that even at my jan 2016 checkup he said nothing about it.

Back