T
Trickyt
Junior member
- Joined
- Jan 22, 2009
- Messages
- 1
Having been terried of dentists for the whole of my life (52 now) until last month I had not been to the dentist for 35 years. However a couple of years ago I had a fall and took a chunk out of the front tooth and my bottom teeth were beginning to look a bit sorry for themselves. I originally got an appointment last November but being a chicken I cried off that one and finally went on 21st January.
The dentist couldn't have been kinder. All he did at the first check up was just check my teeth, tell me I desperately needed them cleaning to get rid of all the tartare build up (35 years worth). He explained everything he was doing and made me an appointment for 25th February (yesterday). He told me that dentistry had come on leaps and bounds in 35 years and I would be amazed at what they can do now.
Well I was on pins all morning but I made it to the dentist surgery for 2 pm. Because of my fear and because of the amount that needed cleaning off my teeth, and to see how I would react to injections, he first numbed my gums with gel and then gave me at least 6 injections because cleaning the tartare off my teeth. He stopped every few minutes to let me have a breather. He says I need a couple of small fillings but is not intending to do these for around 3 months.
I can't believe how kind he was and I honestly never felt a thing. I have now made an appointment for 3 months time when he is going to do whatever is necessary. He says that as long as I can take the injections he will always ensure that the area is totally numbed before working on it and pratically guarantees that I will feel no pain.
Today, I feel like my bottom teeth are not mine! They feel really strange and I honestly never remember having such large gaps between my teeth but obviously they were well caked up with all the years worth of tartare. I was honestly impressed and am so glad that I finally plucked up the courage to go.
The dentist couldn't have been kinder. All he did at the first check up was just check my teeth, tell me I desperately needed them cleaning to get rid of all the tartare build up (35 years worth). He explained everything he was doing and made me an appointment for 25th February (yesterday). He told me that dentistry had come on leaps and bounds in 35 years and I would be amazed at what they can do now.

Well I was on pins all morning but I made it to the dentist surgery for 2 pm. Because of my fear and because of the amount that needed cleaning off my teeth, and to see how I would react to injections, he first numbed my gums with gel and then gave me at least 6 injections because cleaning the tartare off my teeth. He stopped every few minutes to let me have a breather. He says I need a couple of small fillings but is not intending to do these for around 3 months.
I can't believe how kind he was and I honestly never felt a thing. I have now made an appointment for 3 months time when he is going to do whatever is necessary. He says that as long as I can take the injections he will always ensure that the area is totally numbed before working on it and pratically guarantees that I will feel no pain.
Today, I feel like my bottom teeth are not mine! They feel really strange and I honestly never remember having such large gaps between my teeth but obviously they were well caked up with all the years worth of tartare. I was honestly impressed and am so glad that I finally plucked up the courage to go.
![Jumping [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/jumping.gif)
