• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

35 years old and had my immediate denture placed yesterday!

E

Emma9820

Hey ladies and gents!

I wanted to come here and offer my experience and give some people who are concerned about getting dentures a little relief! On the internet there are so many horror stories about what your life will be like, how they feel, eating, etc.

My story thus far has been a damn good one! I only had 3 extractions yesterday on mu upper jaw which was am the teeth I had left. So unlike many other people who have a lot more teeth that need to come out mine was pretty easy. I was so scared from reading things online that I wouldn’t be able to talk, that they would fall out of my mouth whenever I tried to talk, I was scared everyone would know they were dentures and that they would feel like a giant piece of plastic floating around my mouth! Butttttttttt in reality, I speak just fine! My S sounds need a little work but nothing to crazy! They haven’t fallen out or even shifted out of place since I put them in. They look super natural and while when you first put them in they feel a little strange, you get used to them. I am making this a positive experience and will make the best out of it just because I can smile again! I look in the mirror and I am confident and feel like MYSELF again! Every change in life is hard; especially something as serious as teeth. Just not to be in pain anymore and being able to smile is so worth it for me! When you are feeling down and discouraged just remember how amazing you will be about yourself with your new smile! I will post a picture of myself smiling for the first time in years and you can see how natural they look! Make sure when you are choosing colors for your new teeth you don’t get the whitest of whites! Make them match your teeth now or a little more white! If you have these white white teeth they might not look as natural! If your worried and wanna chat, let me know! And I will be happy to answer any questions as well! Take care all!

Attachments

• F206DE4D-E87E-4127-BABF-E170DAA5BF86.jpeg
    F206DE4D-E87E-4127-BABF-E170DAA5BF86.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
Congratulations! Your new teeth look fabulous and you sound very happy. I have full dentures myself (since 2017), and love my new, and much nicer, look. I'm sure that you'll correct those esses in no time too, because you have such a great attitude about it all.

Congratulations! Your new teeth look fabulous and you sound very happy. I have full dentures myself (since 2017), and love my new, and much nicer, look. I'm sure that you'll correct those esses in no time too, because you have such a great attitude about it all.
Thank you! I am trying! Day 3 and 4 have been more difficult because the swelling is going down which made the denture a little loose but I put some orajel on my lip right above where the pain was and it is really helped! In definitely trying to stay positive, no sense in being down on myself ?

Emma,

This is so awesome!! and your smile looks great.. no one would EVER know you had dentures!!

What a great testimony! :jump: :perfect: :welldone:

I second the recommended to not select the whitest ones. I went with the whitest natural color and they’re more realistic looking. Yours look great!

I second the recommended to not select the whitest ones. I went with the whitest natural color and they’re more realistic looking. Yours look great!
Thanks you!!! ❤️❤️

Back