• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

5 days after extraction, small black beak stuck on top of it?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tbjockfl
  • Start date Start date
T

tbjockfl

Junior member
Joined
Dec 21, 2016
Messages
1
Hello,

Had to have an infected bottom wisdom tooth taken out.
So I was given a black bean soup that I thought didn't have any pieces in it but alas there were (they were mashed well), BUT now a piece is sitting on top of my healing extraction site :(

I've tried swishing w/ salt water but it hasn't dislodged. No pain since it happened. It's been 5 days since my extraction, and it has healed pretty well so far (lots of white granulation tissue across the site, but it's still very DELICATE)

Will this cause dry socket or delay healing?!
 
Have you had your follow up yet? Usually they give you a syringe. If not you can always get one yourself.
I heard tweezers work well for this stuff but I clean my gunk out (Ive had 4 taken out) with my syringe it works better. :)
 
Back
Top