• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

6 days since my dental treatment and still hurt

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zephyr025
  • Start date Start date
Z

Zephyr025

Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2006
Messages
47
hello-6 days ago I got and onlay and a filling redone. (on back molars next to eachother) I don't know if you remember my story, but my dentist was a needle demon and my jaw joint (where he injected the needles) still hurts and clicks when I open it. I can't tell which tooth needs an bite adjustment ( going in on the 5th to do that with a cleaning) and they still slightly are sensitive. I got my wisdoms pulled 11 days before that and the "wound" area behind these repaired teeth looks different after this visit. I think it hurts sometimes, but I can't tell if its that or my teeth that hurt, if that makes sense. Could the "wound" have been traumitized, maybe? Its not a constant pain, only after I eat something. My concern is if the pain is coming from the teeth or the wound- Could you please enlighten me to what it might be? How long does it take for wisdom teeth areas to heal up? THanks! Oh, and is hydrogen peroxide a good thing to use for your mouth? Is it okay to use with tooth colored fillings and onlays? How much is too much?
 
Re: 6 days since my dental treatment and still hur

Sometimes as the gum heals post extraction, you can get some recession near the adjacent teeth which can cause sensitivity to hot or cold things - usually fleeting in nature. More than likely the area is a bit bruised though - you've had a lot of work done lately. If the inlay doesn't feel too high just now, probably best to leave it until your next appt. Anti-inflammatories may help in the meantime. Peroxyl is an alright mouthwash, has it been prescribed or advised by your dentist?

Take care.

Pars :)
 
Re: 6 days since my dental treatment and still hur

Peroxyl? I've been using an anti-bacterial mouthwash prescribed for my wisdoms up until yesterday (the bottle is gone.) I usually use the brown bottled good ol' hydrogen peroxide in my mouth. About the peroxide, I was asking about it in general. :P
 
Re: 6 days since my dental treatment and still hur

In general no, I wouldn't use something as agressive as that on a daily basis.
 
Back
Top