• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

A little success :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter lonely
  • Start date Start date
L

lonely

Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
61
Location
somerset
Hiya everyone. Just wanted to tell you all that I went to my appointment today, with the Dental Access Centre and I survived! :D It was just an assessment today of what needed to be done. The worst bit was the waiting in the waiting room! had to wait 45 mins! :o But I held on in there! The nurse came and got me and the dentist just chatted to me until I was comfortable sitting in the chair and told me to let them know if it was too far back or anything. She had a look to see what's to be done then took me to have x-rays, she told me how the machine worked so I knew what to expect. She then took me back and explained that when I next come in for treatment she will sedate me so that's ok with me. I feel like I've come this far so I have to see it through now. Basically, I need some fillings, extractions and then a partial denture for both top and bottom, but I already thought id end up with full dentures so it's not so bad! Just want my teeth! I'm actually quite excited! So that's my little success and hopefully, I'll be posting in here again after my appt which is September. :-*
 
Just a "little" success?? Sounds like a huge success to me - well done [smiley=jumping.gif][smiley=jumping.gif][smiley=jumping.gif]!!! I'm glad today worked out so well for you [smiley=hugging.gif] (well, apart from the long wait ::)).

Hope you'll get a chance to celebrate your success in style :sleepyjuice:[smiley=party.gif]!
 
I'm with everyone else - that's a huge success, well done you! [smiley=jumping.gif]:respect:
 
Congratulations [smiley=jumping.gif] Another yippee for Dental Access Centres - we have had posters with good experiences (nice staff, comfy injections etc) before but only the immediate emergency problem has been dealt with - so it is great that you will have your whole situation normalised with sedation to boot and with a dentist who is going at your pace.
Really pleased for you [smiley=party.gif]
 
Back
Top