L
lonely
Member
- Joined
- Jan 11, 2008
- Messages
- 61
- Location
- somerset
Hiya everyone. Just wanted to tell you all that I went to my appointment today, with the Dental Access Centre and I survived!
It was just an assessment today of what needed to be done. The worst bit was the waiting in the waiting room! had to wait 45 mins!
But I held on in there! The nurse came and got me and the dentist just chatted to me until I was comfortable sitting in the chair and told me to let them know if it was too far back or anything. She had a look to see what's to be done then took me to have x-rays, she told me how the machine worked so I knew what to expect. She then took me back and explained that when I next come in for treatment she will sedate me so that's ok with me. I feel like I've come this far so I have to see it through now. Basically, I need some fillings, extractions and then a partial denture for both top and bottom, but I already thought id end up with full dentures so it's not so bad! Just want my teeth! I'm actually quite excited! So that's my little success and hopefully, I'll be posting in here again after my appt which is September. 
It was just an assessment today of what needed to be done. The worst bit was the waiting in the waiting room! had to wait 45 mins!
But I held on in there! The nurse came and got me and the dentist just chatted to me until I was comfortable sitting in the chair and told me to let them know if it was too far back or anything. She had a look to see what's to be done then took me to have x-rays, she told me how the machine worked so I knew what to expect. She then took me back and explained that when I next come in for treatment she will sedate me so that's ok with me. I feel like I've come this far so I have to see it through now. Basically, I need some fillings, extractions and then a partial denture for both top and bottom, but I already thought id end up with full dentures so it's not so bad! Just want my teeth! I'm actually quite excited! So that's my little success and hopefully, I'll be posting in here again after my appt which is September. 
![Jumping [smiley=jumping.gif] [smiley=jumping.gif]](/forum/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/dfcsmilies/jumping.gif)
(well, apart from the long wait
).
!