• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

A question about sensitivity

B

blazinblue

Ok, as I have posted before I have had to have a lot of fillings done...blah blah...well my right side has always been my good side...nothing wrong....and I've had it adjusted and was told to wear a night guard...
I feel that I clench more when I wear the night guard so that is why I only wear it a couple of nights. well I haven't worn my night guard in a couple days and I did last night....
Well, I woke up and brushed my teeth fine...nothing wrong...but then, I went to eat my banana this morning and had this sharp pain in one of my upper right molars (was filled back in Nov)... I was like crap...why would this be doing this? :cry:Well, I also ate soup for lunch and there was a little bit of heat sensitivity...but nothing like the cold...also a little bit of sweets too.. doesn't hurt to chew or bite down on it...

Any idea? :(
Going to see how it feels in the morning before I call my dentist..

Last edited:
If it wears off as the day goes on, it would appear to be linked to clenching/grinding in your sleep, I think!

If it wears off as the day goes on, it would appear to be linked to clenching/grinding in your sleep, I think!

Thank you! I think so too, I didn't wear my night guard last night and so far so good this morning...with minimal sensitivity...

I sort of had the same problem on the left side...so then I started to wear the night guard to help relieve the clenching...but it seems I clench more while I'm wearing it!! I did wake up in the middle of that night with the awfullest (sp?) headache...maybe that could have been the culprit!

Hopefully once I get braces and my bite is totally fixed...everything will be 100% better!

Next step before braces is wisdom teeth!!! :o

Last edited:
Back