I
implants14273
Member
- Joined
- Nov 16, 2016
- Messages
- 21
I had posted recently about how I got three root canals done yesterday, and that the procedure itself was a lot better than expected up until the novicaine began to wear off.
I do not want to scare anyone as I think what's happening to me right now is rare and never occurred with any of my previous RCTs.
Anyway, I'm having pretty moderate pain/soreness. About a 6 or 7/10 on a pain scale. The work was done on #23,25, and 26. I had a recurring abscess on one of these teeth for about a month prior to treatment, but it had been absent for about two weeks.
I was checking out my gums yesterday about 5 hours after the procedure and saw that the abscess had returned, and was bigger/more swollen/painful when it had been asymptomatic previously. I'm having pain/tenderness on my chin under the infection so I'm feeling very worried. I'm also generally not feeling well and had trouble sleeping.
My endo prescribed me antibiotics and although I hate taking them I guess I have to. He said he didn't have to see me for an appointment today.
I'm just wondering whether or not this is normal? I have an appointment on Monday but it stinks that I have to suffer through the weekend feeling like this and being worried
I do not want to scare anyone as I think what's happening to me right now is rare and never occurred with any of my previous RCTs.
Anyway, I'm having pretty moderate pain/soreness. About a 6 or 7/10 on a pain scale. The work was done on #23,25, and 26. I had a recurring abscess on one of these teeth for about a month prior to treatment, but it had been absent for about two weeks.
I was checking out my gums yesterday about 5 hours after the procedure and saw that the abscess had returned, and was bigger/more swollen/painful when it had been asymptomatic previously. I'm having pain/tenderness on my chin under the infection so I'm feeling very worried. I'm also generally not feeling well and had trouble sleeping.
My endo prescribed me antibiotics and although I hate taking them I guess I have to. He said he didn't have to see me for an appointment today.
I'm just wondering whether or not this is normal? I have an appointment on Monday but it stinks that I have to suffer through the weekend feeling like this and being worried
