• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

almost done but not quite!

  • Thread starter Thread starter catnut
  • Start date Start date
C

catnut

Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
49
Location
port moody,bc
I had my last wisdom tooth extracted this spring, all went well and has healed, and have been getting the small cavities I needed filling, 9 of them with 6 of them done since June, hasn't been as smooth sailing as I hoped but I've gotten through them and now have 3 left to get done in the next 2 weeks. I had cheek swelling after my last visit as one was a bigger one near the back of my mouth and it was very awkward with the dental dam that I almost didn't get it done but soon calmed myself down and was able to keep going. I've been using visualization, affirmations, music and rewarding myself with presents as I've been going through all this but it has still been hard, even with a good, calm dentist and assistant. I'm abit worried about my appt. coming up this Thurs. as I have abit of a cough and if it gets worse, may need to postpone it but want to get it done if I feel okay as I'm near the end now. I just need abit of support and reassurance. I will be soo glad when I am all done and don't need my cleaning until next April.

Tammy:hmm:
 
Well done Tammy! That is a lot of work! I can certainly relate, I've had 10 fillings done in the last 8 months myself. I also have 3 left. We're so close, congrats to the both of us!! :jump:

If you are really feeling ill on Thursday I would suggest putting off the appointment, however if there is any doubt in your mind, I say go for it! The sooner you do it, the sooner it will be behind you. And just look at how far you've come to this point. The finish line is so close! Good luck with the rest of your work! :):):)
 
thank you. I did decide to cancel and rescheduled it for the 17th, my cough is still annoying and I want to be able to get through it and go when I feel better, which I hope I will by the 17th. I have one for the 8th and have to reschedule by this Thurs. if I plan to change it as they are closed Friday to Monday, abit annoying esp. considering they changed two of mine with no warning! I am almost done, but it still feels like too much as today she said I have 4 left but I still think she is wrong, and my Tues. appt. will be an hour and a half which feels way too long, an hour is too long, but will see when I get there, I can discuss it with the dentist and maybe it won't take as long as the receptionist said. Congrats on getting this far and I am proud of myself for what I've been able to get done but abit depressed that I am not at the end yet. What helps you get through it all? Way to go!:clover:;D:hug:
 
Back
Top