L
Lost_cause
Junior member
- Joined
- Sep 26, 2009
- Messages
- 19
Ok, here's a little update on me. I should change my name to something else, because I'm definitely not a lost cause anymore. haha
So, today was the big day and I had my root canal and extraction done.
I'm not going to lie, some parts of the root canal were a tad painful and made me jump a couple of times, but it was nothing some novocaine couldn't fix.
Whenever it started to hurt, the dentist would give me more novocaine. This tooth seemed to have been a little difficult to freeze. I think it was because of the infection.
I was shaking like a leaf the whole time. I couldn't keep my legs still because they were shaking really bad. I told the dentist to just ignore me and get on with his work. haha
But the good thing about it is that it seemed to have gone by pretty fast. I expected it to last much longer. Overall, it wasn't a fun experience and I don't want to repeat it ever again, but I'm very happy it's done.
And then next came the extraction of whatever was left of my molar. The needle hurt a little bit, ok, to compare biting your tongue hurts A HELL of a lot more, lol, but other than that, the extraction was over before I realized what was going on. It literally must've taken like 2 seconds to get the roots out. I felt absolutely no pain, maybe some pressure and that's all. It was neither pleasant nor unpleasant. lol
I am SOOOO HAPPY and relieved that the worst is over!!!
I'll be going back Nov. 19 to get a permanent filling in my root canaled tooth and get some cavities filled, but that should be a breeze, I'm not even worried. The extraction seems to be healing and there's a little soreness and mild dull pain there but I took some Advil just in case.
So here I am. Never thought I'd be writing this a month ago. I'm so proud of myself.
So, today was the big day and I had my root canal and extraction done.
I'm not going to lie, some parts of the root canal were a tad painful and made me jump a couple of times, but it was nothing some novocaine couldn't fix.
Whenever it started to hurt, the dentist would give me more novocaine. This tooth seemed to have been a little difficult to freeze. I think it was because of the infection.
I was shaking like a leaf the whole time. I couldn't keep my legs still because they were shaking really bad. I told the dentist to just ignore me and get on with his work. haha
But the good thing about it is that it seemed to have gone by pretty fast. I expected it to last much longer. Overall, it wasn't a fun experience and I don't want to repeat it ever again, but I'm very happy it's done.
And then next came the extraction of whatever was left of my molar. The needle hurt a little bit, ok, to compare biting your tongue hurts A HELL of a lot more, lol, but other than that, the extraction was over before I realized what was going on. It literally must've taken like 2 seconds to get the roots out. I felt absolutely no pain, maybe some pressure and that's all. It was neither pleasant nor unpleasant. lol
I am SOOOO HAPPY and relieved that the worst is over!!!

I'll be going back Nov. 19 to get a permanent filling in my root canaled tooth and get some cavities filled, but that should be a breeze, I'm not even worried. The extraction seems to be healing and there's a little soreness and mild dull pain there but I took some Advil just in case.
So here I am. Never thought I'd be writing this a month ago. I'm so proud of myself.