• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Am I going to lose my teeth?

T

Themadhatter

I didn’t visit a dentist for around 10 years due to anxiety. Last year I finally forced myself to go, had my first appointment where they took X-rays and arranged a scale and polish alongside a filling. My dentist then left and the surgery shut so my appointment was cancelled. It took a year to re-open, I finally got an appointment and had to start all over again. First visit was x-rays and a whole load of anxiety.
I’ve been booked for a filling and a scale and polish. Problem is, my dentist told me that due to gum recession she believed the calculus is potentially holding my bottom teeth in place and once the cleaning is done they may fall out? It’s making me not want it done but i know I need it! Please don’t judge, this has been hard enough 😞image.jpg

Not judging you, but I hope you've misunderstood what the dentist said, calculus (tartar) absolutely does not "hold teeth in"...

You have some gum disease going on there but it doesn't look completely hopeless. Once somebody has got the calculus off then you can start the road to recovery :friends:

Back