• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

I'm going to lose so many teeth at such a young age, and it's my own fault.

  • Thread starter Thread starter undertheboardwalk88
  • Start date Start date
U

undertheboardwalk88

Junior member
Joined
Sep 5, 2024
Messages
1
Location
Speed, North Carolina
I'm going to have my second tooth extraction in a month. I'm sure it could've been filled but I didn't go back to the dentist in an entire year. I have two teeth that the dentist actually listed as good for a filling on my treatment plan... but I didn't go back in a year. And now they're both root canals. I can't afford root canals. I have to have them all pulled. It's my fault, if I'd had them filled at the time I could have saved them. :(

I'm only 22 years old and I'm losing 4 to 5 teeth. I wish I'd cared more and not been such a coward. Living in denial, thinking I could wait until I built up the courage. I literally just want to go in a corner and die. My teeth are already this much of a disaster, why should I live to be 30-something.
 
I am so sorry, 23 and I am in the exact same boat as you. I am wishing you the best </3
 
There are still a lot of options available to you. You have to consider the money as an investment in your teeth, to keep them maintained. You can consider bridge work to fill the gaps. It might be costly, but on the NHS not quite so bad. But it's an investment into the future health of your teeth.

Don't be so hard on yourself. There is no point worrying about things you cannot change. Adapt and overcome.
 
Back
Top