• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anesthetic procedure

D

DAW

Hi, are anesthetic injections generally more intrusive prior to root canal work than having fillings? Had root canal work a couple of months ago and the injections really hurt. I had two fillings done by a different dentist more recently (one which was deep) where the injections (2 per filling) were no more than slight stings and completely fine. I have another root canal appointment next week and I’m dreading the numbing up part. Note - all teeth concerned are molars

Nope. Should be exactly the same. Sounds like a technique issue from the dentist.

Thanks Gordon for your reply. I went with this particular dental practice as they have sedation techniques available for very nervous/phobic patients such as me. I have managed so far without sedation but disappointed that this bad experience could have derailed things. Will speak to the practice about it.

Back