• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Anxiety Meds

G

Getting Anxious

Hi- Anyone have any thoughts on anxiety meds to help moving forward with recovery after multiple tooth issues and treatment? I feel I have a kind of dental PTSD which is hindering my recovery, making it hard to be positive.

I take anxiety tablets but not for dental work.

I was diagnosed with situational depression by my doctor, due to all the dental procedures I was/am going through. I was put on an antidepressant, with the plan for it to be short term. In 6 months, I will start going off of them. I will admit, it has helped tremendously. I have more energy, positivity, and feel like I can actually get through this.

I was diagnosed with situational depression by my doctor, due to all the dental procedures I was/am going through. I was put on an antidepressant, with the plan for it to be short term. In 6 months, I will start going off of them. I will admit, it has helped tremendously. I have more energy, positivity, and feel like I can actually get through this.

Mountain Mama ,,, you are an inspiration to us all.. you are the most resiliant person I know and helping so many!! I know you may not feel like it much of time.. because so much going on.. but from the outside in.. you are a blessing to many!

Getting anxious,

I would definately contact your gp and see if something might help you out ? it doesn't hurt to ask. I know I have situational anxiety and have a prescription for anxiety meds as needed for very stressful times. so sometimes medications do help with this relieve some very real physical issues due to anxiety/depression. It takes a toll on ones body and mind.

Thank you all for encouraging me. It helps to know I'm not alone. I just got back from my gp and she gave me a prescription for lexapro. I really feel I can handle this all better if I'm a little more relaxed. Hope it works. And, yes, Mountain Mama, you are the best!

Aww, thank you both. It makes me feel better that my situation at least can help others.

Back