• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Any gum flap surgery success stories in this forum?

G

Geo1125

I am rather concerned about having flap surgery on all 4 quadrants with bone replacement/regeneration. The internet is filled with horror stories on this traditional gum surgery approach. If any of you had positive results from this procedure, kindly share. Thank you!

I'm a periodontal patient and instead of flap surgery I had a procedure called LANAP. I wrote about it in my journal. All cases are different and I understand that in some cases the flap surgery may be the only treatment option but LANAP is out there and it works.

No cutting, no sutures, no loss of gum tissue height. I had double digit pockets in some of my teeth. One was 11mm with pus at the bottom. That area now probes at 2mm and I didn't lose a mm of gum height.

Definitely worth finding a periodontist and getting a second opinion to see if you are a LANAP candidate.

BH

I'm a periodontal patient and instead of flap surgery I had a procedure called LANAP. I wrote about it in my journal. All cases are different and I understand that in some cases the flap surgery may be the only treatment option but LANAP is out there and it works.

No cutting, no sutures, no loss of gum tissue height. I had double digit pockets in some of my teeth. One was 11mm with pus at the bottom. That area now probes at 2mm and I didn't lose a mm of gum height.

Definitely worth finding a periodontist and getting a second opinion to see if you are a LANAP candidate.

BH

Thank you for the response, blackhound.

Back