• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

anyone have a sore jaw after dental work??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Envirochick12887
  • Start date Start date
E

Envirochick12887

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2018
Messages
60
Has anyone had a sore jaw or something called trismus? 13 days ago I had 8 hours of dental work done and have gotten down to 2 Advil’s a day but it’s still lingering, especially after a long day of talking and eating. Please someone tell me their experience because I’m freaking out it will never go away!
 
I had a pretty sore and stiff jaw after I had my wisdom teeth surgery last year. My surgery took only a little over half an hour but my jaws hurt for almost a month after. The soreness was manageable for me without needing painkillers though. I also did some jaw exercises which did help in the stiffness. I think it's normal that your jaws will ache and hurt especially after almost half a day of keeping them open for dental work. Give it a bit of time and perhaps you can also try using an ice pack on your jaws too.
 
Thanks for sharing your story. It certainly is making me feel better about my own. Luckily it’s not unbearable but absolutely annoying and I hate being in any discomfort at all. I’m going to keep using ice and Advil twice a day. Trying to stick to soft foods too. I just can’t wait until it’s all better.
 
Thanks for sharing your story. It certainly is making me feel better about my own. Luckily it’s not unbearable but absolutely annoying and I hate being in any discomfort at all. I’m going to keep using ice and Advil twice a day. Trying to stick to soft foods too. I just can’t wait until it’s all better.

You can also try some jaw exercises a couple of times a day as well. They really help with the stiffness.
 
Back
Top