• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Apico for overfilled root canal

M

Momofthree1987

Hi guys! So back last year I got a root canal on #29 and the dentist who did it overfilled it! By a lot! I saw on x-ray where the resin goes way down past the root of my tooth into the gum. That tooth has never been right since the root canal. It's very sensitive to cold, sweet ect. I can not chew on it either as it's sensitive to pressure. It was suggested that I get a apicoectomy to clean out the extra resin that is in there. I really can't afford to have the tooth pulled as I'm missing the molar right beside it as well as the molar on the other side. Will a apicoectomy likely solve the issue and how is recovery? I'm kinda freaking out about it.

It would be worth getting another x-ray to see what's happening before jumping straight to surgery, quite often over filled canals can get resorbed back by the body's own defences...
Sensitive to cold and sweet sounds odd, RCT should totally eliminate that, so it might be worth checking that out a bit more carefully. An over filled canal won't make it sensitive to cold or sweet.

It would be worth getting another x-ray to see what's happening before jumping straight to surgery, quite often over filled canals can get resorbed back by the body's own defences...
Sensitive to cold and sweet sounds odd, RCT should totally eliminate that, so it might be worth checking that out a bit more carefully. An over filled canal won't make it sensitive to cold or sweet.
Yea like I said I can't even chew on it it's been like that since the root canal and it definitely is sensitive to cold and sweets it's also turning like a grayish color on the bottom so idk

Back