• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Appointment 2 today 😫

A

Amyx

Hi all
So it's been a month since my initial visit to the dentist.
Today I've got cleaning and a filling scheduled. I haven't thought much about it till the last 2 days and it's totally CONSUMED me yet again 😫
I don't know what to expect, it's been a while since I had any work done. Does anyone know roughly how long it takes for a cleaning and filling? She didn't tell me how long the appointment is and now I'm kicking myself 🙈

Mine took 30 minutes for a cleaning and 3 fillings so I can't imagine it being too long. Itll go quicker than you think x

I'll stop panicking thinking it'll take 3 hours then 🤣 must remember to ask how long the appointment is next time. Thanks xx

I've done it!! In and out in 20 mins!
Retained roots can stay as causing no trouble and as they're at the back I'm not bothered about them. The tooth to come out, I'm waiting till next time as so much going on over summer.
Cleaning done, loads of 'holes' disappeared 🙈 just some prescription toothpaste to collect and I'm not back for 6 months! 🥳🥳

Well done!

Hey, well done, sounds like you did great! :jump: