• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Appointment tomorrow. Worried sick :(

J

jc27xx

After a root extraction last week I have an apt tomorrow for a scale and polish.
I have no idea what this is and therefore I'm petrified :( Can anyone shed a little light?
Also since my last apt I've had a hard lump come up on my gum just under my tongue at the front and it's really worrying me. I have one right under where my root was taken out and the dentist said it would go once the tooth was removed but its still there. Any ideas what they could be?

Thanks for reading my post

Jodie x

After a root extraction last week I have an apt tomorrow for a scale and polish.
I have no idea what this is and therefore I'm petrified :( Can anyone shed a little light?
Also since my last apt I've had a hard lump come up on my gum just under my tongue at the front and it's really worrying me. I have one right under where my root was taken out and the dentist said it would go once the tooth was removed but its still there. Any ideas what they could be?

Thanks for reading my post

Jodie x

a scale and polish is just a cleaning. they remove the tartar and stains from your teeth and them polish them shiny and smoothe to make it harder for plaque to stick to them

Thank you for replying!
Will i need to have injections? Sorry if that seems like a silly question :redface:

Jodie x

no injections required for a scale and polish. only if they said you need a root scaling and planing for gum disease. that requires being numb. a regular scale and polish does not require shots. you will be fine :)

Oh great thank you. That is the worst thing about going for me.
It says on my treatment plan 'scale and polish' so I'm happy about that!
I do also need a filling but I really haven't built myself up for it so I'm going to ask to have that re-booked.

I'm just really worried about these lumps. Hopefully they will be nothing...

Jodie x

I had a scale and polish on all my teeth and it was fine. The hygienist was really nice and stopped now and again to give me a break but I don't think I needed him to really. My teeth were nice and clean afterwards and he gave me advice on brushing and any areas that needed a little extra. I've another appointment in a month or so because my teeth were quite bad after a few years of neglect. Don't worry about it :)

Back