• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Back again! Postponed appointment for extractions and partial denture

RustyRebecca

RustyRebecca

My appointment for two extractions and immediate partial denture was postponed until after Christmas, It will be this Thursday at 10.30.
So I built up for the Xmas appointment, only to have it postponed and the same fears are resurfacing, mostly relating to the appointment and the adjustment afterwards.
I suffer from anxiety, agoraphobia, trauma and depression and so this adds to difficulties that I have every day.
I think I am just asking for any tips at all or advice for coping with this (what I see) as a significant life event change. I can't have an implant, it has to be a partial denture. For 5 teeth. It looks like this. Does that look big and hard to adjust to?
But anyway, any advice and encouragement is much appreciated. Thank you
And Happy New Year

Attachments

• R mansell denture.jpg
    R mansell denture.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 7
Hey Rebecca,

so sorry to read about your appointment being postponed. I know how exhausting it is to prepare mentally for a certain date and then having it postponed. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you for Thursday.
Don't have own experience with dentures, but many here do and from reading it can take some time to adjust, but you'll be fine. Here are some resources you may find helpful:

All the best wishes, good luck on Thursday:clover: and keep us posted!

Back