• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Back again

  • Thread starter Thread starter Daniel33
  • Start date Start date
D

Daniel33

Junior member
Joined
Jul 19, 2012
Messages
9
I haven't posted on here for over a decade having previously had horrific dental issues ranging from failed root canals, to botched fillings and presumably a degree of genetic dental issues with weak teeth although where the line is crossed between the two it's hard to say.

After going to a dreadful dentist in 2007, I found an excellent dentist who rectified many of the issues I had ( although at significant expense). 2 years ago I phoned to make an appointment, only to discover he had sadly passed away which is mainly sad on a personal level as he was a decent man, but also on a dental level as it now requires finding a new dentist.

A few days ago, a medium sized bit of filling broke off on a tooth which has a root filling on it in 2007. I went to get an x ray yesterday and got this where I was advised there is an abscess under the centre tooth ( LR6) and possibly one under the one next to it. The other I can see has a filling on the LR5 which is incomplete. Are there any dentists online which would concur with this or disagree and given it already has a root filling (all of them in question do) bar extraction are there any other options?
 

Attachments

  • tooth.png
    tooth.png
    442.9 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top