I think my teeth ended up a bit of a mess during pregnancy, added to that (And much worse at that), I became depressed and didnt brush my teeth (or wash) for weeks, sometimes months at a time. I lost my partner and was devastated.. probably no excuse, and makes me sound disgusting, but there you have it, whats done is done! (My friend still jokes about the bar of Dove soap she sent me in the post those 9 years ago!).
I also havent been able to tolerate milk/lactose intolerant for the last 5 years maybe, and only in the last year have been taking calcium supplements.
I found out today that I need 4 new fillings and one old (6yrs) filling redone because its leaking, and one old filling is being poked about and redone, in the hopes to find the cause of my current discomfort. So 6 new fillings on the horizon! Im 31, I currently have 4 fillings on the top right, 1 on the bottom right - a tooth missing because one dentist made one big filling over two teeth that was also leaking resulting in tooth loss, a wisdom missing because it had a hole in, another filling on the bottom left, and another in the top left, and also decay starting on the other wisdoms because they took so long to come through properly (those arent even being worked on yet)! All that probably makes your teeth look like a dream! lol My Mum stopped pushing me to go to the dentist at about age 10 Im sure.. I can remember going to Disneyland then(!), but no recollection of the dentists! She is petrified and wont go and has what I believe to be gum disease, my Dad also wont go. So I know where I get my fears from.. perhaps they were too afraid for whatever reason, and was worried the same would happen to me, so didnt push me into going..
Anyway, I have an electric toothbrush, I floss (Although admitely some nights Im just too tired), and I use mouthwash.. I have IBS so am unable to eat treats like fizzy drinks, sugary treats, no chocolate for me either! So I guess those years of not taking good care of my teeth (and thinking I was getting away with it) has finally caught up with me!
I guess it doesnt matter what made the teeth this way, we all have reasons, some (like problems caused during pregnancy) are out of our control.. What matters is that we can get them fixed so we arent miserable anymore.
Im the opposite to you though, I dont care one bit about RCT, I just dont want them and my biggest fear is a dentist making me do it when I can barely hold it together for fillings.. Id rather lose teeth and have a denture put in, and from what Ive seen they look pretty darn good! So try not to worry if you do lose teeth, although thats probably not going to happen
