• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Being IV sedated this afternoon

  • Thread starter Thread starter GummyMummy17
  • Start date Start date
GummyMummy17

GummyMummy17

Well-known member
Joined
Feb 27, 2010
Messages
381
Location
Essex
. . . and having a full extraction.Was really, really scared in fact as you know scared doesn't touch it , petrified more like.Started crying in Sainsburys yesterday afternoon, it just hit me about 2.30 the enormity of it all and I cried til about 8pm which was really difficult to hide from my kids. I can't let them see how utterly petrified I am about this.I can't let this shape their really positive perception of the dentist.My bloody legs won't work , they are so weak and jelly like,that is what I am most concerned about them buckling and me collapsing or passing out.I hate the fact that my husband has to take me, every other appointment I have done by myself and I've been in control of how much I have told him about how I'm feeling. I don't want him to see me crying, crying like a pathetic person.I am so sick of feeling like this, I am just so tired, I want it all over with and as much as I might be blustering I am dreading it, dreading it all.A few virtual hand holds would be much appreciated this afternoon, thanks.
 
Just saw your post and my heart goes out to you dear lady. I know the terror you feel and you are cdertainly not pathetic. There are many people here who can identify with your feelings. My prayer is that all went well for you and you will be feeling much better soon. Please so let us know how you are doing:)
 
will be thinking about gummy :grouphug:

rp
 
I wont wish you Good Luck for this afternoon as I'm sure you will be fine. I certainly know how you feel, I was off from work for 2 weeks before my GA on Friday with panic attacks, and waiting in the hospital I was constantly in tears.
But its done, and deep down, like me you know it will be worth getting rid of the constant pain and dentist visits, just keep thinking of the nice teeth you'll have after and lots of deep breathing.

:grouphug: I wish you well

Emma
 
thinking of you and hoping for a quick day for you!! you'll do great :)
 
[smiley=hugging.gif] Thinking of you
 
HUGE hugs to you.... [smiley=hugging.gif]
 
thinking of you and lots of hugs to yu. you will do great
[smiley=hug.gif]
 
Well I'm back I did it and believe me I very nearly didn't, so I am giving myself some :yay::yay::yay: Because I think I've earned them.The IV experience was different, not as good as I would have hoped, the two guys doing it were ultra annoying but hey you can't have everything:) He was very nice completely ignored my panicing whereas the anaesthetist didn't, they just tried to turn it into some kind of surreal party:giggle::giggle:When I came round I remember saying to the nurse that he owed me a party LOL:D Just glad it over just feel like I have all loose things in my mouth now.
 
Congratulations for getting through it! You certainly have earned your :yay: and I'll add a [smiley=jumping.gif]

I think you've been really brave going through it, and I'm sure your kids (and you) will love the fact that you'll be much happier in yourself without the stress and problems your old teeth created. Did you find out how long it would be until you get your dentures? Then your kids can draw you with perfect, shiny white teeth!
 
[smiley=jumping.gif][smiley=jumping.gif][smiley=jumping.gif][smiley=cheers.gif]
HURRAY!! WAY TO GO!!
I know you must have huge relief that its over! AND YOU DID IT!!
So Happy for you!

And Jamie your post was so sweet and touching.
 
[smiley=jumping.gif]:yay:[smiley=jumping.gif]Congratulations. YOU DID IT.
 
Thanks everyone Your support has helped me so much:)

I've been trying to sip pineapple juice as I found a recommendation for it on here I wish I'd known about it before but it can't be helped.I'm absolutely dying for a proper cup of coffee but know I have to wait 24hrs.haven't eaten either but I haven't been hungry.Have had quite a few blood clot bits falling on my tongue, I'm resisting poking around and I'm far to fraidy to actually look at it.I just keep wiping my lips with wet wipes gently and I've been dabbing my mouth with tissues.The kids have been watching me like hawks so I don't want them to see anything.My son has seemed particularly concerned but I wasn't zonked out, I was talking sh*t I remember what I said but it was o.k:giggle: And the really strange thing is that I THINK I remembered it all , why I was angry afterwards but now I realise what I think happened didn't and I have no memory of it:oops: Poor husband almost got a migraine but the kids got a very rare treat. . .McDonalds which mum couldn't have[smiley=drool.gif] I have antibiotics to take and start the mouthwashing tomorrow.Quick question, how often can I get away with doing the salt mouthwashes?I've been shown how to do them but we both don't remember her saying how often. Ibuprofen is wonderful, can honestly say no pain, had a little ache in my lower jaw earlier but other then that8-)
 
I had 11 teeth out at once, and I started with 3 a day, but cut it to 2 when I went back to work on Monday.
 
Hooray for you! :yay:I am really happy to read this. May you have a treat just as soon as you can! :)

Mona
 
Back
Top