• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Biopsy on Bump on Gum after Consultation; tobacco user

  • Thread starter Thread starter 23yogrizzlyuser
  • Start date Start date
2

23yogrizzlyuser

Junior member
Joined
May 9, 2014
Messages
3
I will be having a biopsy done on Saturday May 10th 2014 on my lower tooth #20. I am posting a photo before the biopsy, will post one after, and after the results are provided to me.

I understand the vast majority of users of this site will post once or twice and then never post again. Hopefully I will get a solid 4 posts or so and then move on, but I figure if someone like me has this same issue in the future, maybe this will be of some help.

Naturally, any thoughts on how or what the bump looks/looks like would be appreciated.

I can only remember that my DDS said something along the lines of ".... dysplasia." As you can tell from my user name, I am a smokeless tobacco user, which is why I am feeling pretty anxious about what it could be... Anyway, here is what I've got under the hood:
 

Attachments

  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 65
And here's how it looks after getting sliced and diced by my dentist!
 

Attachments

  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 40
True to my word: the result of the test was that the white thing was a Fibroma, and the determined cause was a "trauma."
 
This must have been such a worry for you - so glad it wasn't anything sinister.
 
Back
Top