• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

broken teeth, need upper denture

B

beavers

Hi-I am scared to death of dental anything, loss of control,etc... Have 5 teeth in front, three broken to gumline and rotting on left all the way back-nothing in between, and two failed crowns on the right that will need to be cut out-crowns kept falling off. Oral surgeon won't put me to sleep(scared of that too) because I have asthma, so he wants to cut out three on one side, then when healed, two on other side, then the five in the front and put in denture. scared to do this, keep putting off. Meantime I keep getting serious infections, going through a lot of pain. Know it needs done. He wants to use novacaine then gas, not so sure this isn't gonna hurt. can anyone advise. This is gonna cost me upwards to $2000, even with my insurance which of course caps out.Any suggestions.

Ask the oral surgeon if he could use versed and low dose ketamine. Ketamine is usually a good anesthestic for asthmatics

Back