• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Broken tooth and crown and can't get help

D

Dolphin1970

So today, my huge gold crown had fallen off taking some tooth with it. It is root filled, but its not a post crown. Whats really freaking me out is I have taken a photo, and it looks like part of the roots are attached to the part that has come away. If this even possible? does anyone know. I literally can't cope , and we currently have no access to dentists :(

Hi Dolphin 1970,
So, as it is root filled, you are not going to get any pain with it. If you post the photo you took on here I might be able to give you an idea of how savable it is. It is not uncommon for a bit of the tooth to remain in the crown. What is important is how much remains in your mouth.
You can buy kits from the chemist for making temporary fillings, and in some cases sticking crowns back on. I will be making a video on this in the next week or so. If you try this, follow the instructions on the kit and just use the tiniest smear of the cement on the edges of the crown as it is rather thick stuff and a large amount will stop the crown seating fully.
Lincoln

Thank you so much for your reply. I am trying to get a photo, but its proving tricky, due to saliva bubbles. I have tried pushing it back in, and can do it, but there is a sizable gap on the inside at gumline. I have a photo of the inside of the part that has come away, and it looks bad :(

Attachments

• tooth.jpg
    tooth.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 25
Hi,
It is not possible to be sure from the photo alone. My guess is that the situation is borderline as clearly a lot of tooth has been lost. Just make sure you keep the remaining tooth nice and clean and hope for the best when you finally are able to see your dentist. At least there is very little chance of it giving any pain at all in the meantime.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I really reaaly appreciate it. I will be keeping it as clean as I can. Take care.

Can you try getting a photo of the remaining tooth?

Sorry I haven't been able to get a god enough photo as of it. I will keep trying. can't believe this has happened right , my anxiety is through the roof. I have't eaten anything for 2 days, for fear of it breaking more.
Thanks again

You should be ok with most foods, I just wouldn't crunch anything hardish directly on it. If you are located in the UK, then it maybe quite a while before you can get it seen to due to the Covid19 restrictions, so unless you want to go on a diet I would not worry too much and start eating again. The damage is already done and it is unlikely to get much worse with a normal foods.

Thank you. Yes I am in the Uk, so even the emergency dentist wont help, unless in great pain. My family keep telling me to eat and I will do soon. I hate having the whole dental anxiety thing.

Back