• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Broken tooth+gum growth

G

Gothpikachu

Hello, thanks for anyone taking the time to read this. I have a tooth that is broken in half and has been for years. From what I understand, my braces shifting the molar "shocked" the nerve and it died. I had a root canal that was never completed (they put something in it, covered it with something temporary and I was to go back to finish it off and have a permanent covering).

Eventually a piece of the tooth, about half, broke off above the gum line. Then the filling came out. It was left alone like that for a few years with no issues.

More recently a piece of my gum has begun to grow THROUGH the tooth. Not an abscess around it, literally a piece of gum growing up through what I imagine was the root ?

I don't know what to do. I cannot afford to get help, and even if I had the finances Im so so scared to go get anything done and have panic attacks just walking into dental clinics. Even writing this gives me anxiety. Can anyone explain to me what is happening to my tooth? And eventually what will need to be done?

It's most likely to be a pulp polyp. Google it. Totally harmless and can be left alone till you feel up to getting the tooth seen to.

It's most likely to be a pulp polyp. Google it. Totally harmless and can be left alone till you feel up to getting the tooth seen to.
That is exactly what it is. Wow thank you so much for taking the time to read that all and respond, I'm so grateful !!

Back