• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Can you use back teeth to replace front ones?

A

AlwaysAnxious

Ok this is weird I know .. but I’ve got issues with my front teeth because of a poor cosmetic decision. I’ve got two wisdom teeth that are functional but not necessary. Can a dentist remove them, reshape them & put them in the front of my mouth? I know this sounds crazy but if I can use my own teeth they are stronger than any crown & my gums will accept them.
Thank you!

I’m not a dentist. I would think that if they will reshape your teeth, they will most probably at least need to do a root canal since they will affect the pulp in the teeth. A tooth with a root canal treatment is weaker than a regular tooth. Also, while removing the wisdom teeth there is also a possibility that they will break in the process.

Interesting! Thank you for your reply I really appreciate it. Be very interested to hear what others have to say as well!

Can’t happen I’m afraid, no

Oh what a shame! Thanks so much for your reply ?

If only this could happen but unfortunately not. ?

Back