N
Niki87
Member
- Joined
- Sep 30, 2025
- Messages
- 87
- Location
- United Kingdom
Hi, so think I may have caused myself some unnecessary discomfort and hence further anxiety. I have been putting toothpaste under my nightguard, just a tiny smear, but I think I may have been a bit heavy handed last night.
Does this look like a mild chemical burn? there are VERY sore white patches around the gum line of the back 3 teeth. I woke up in the early hours as it felt like my nightguard was rubbing and was sore so I took it out. Went to brush my teeth this morning and looked at my gum, wondering what all the white spots/patches and why it was still so sore.
Does this sound like a plausible explanation? Combination of the toothpaste pooling, being under occlusion and probably big of friction from my nightguard aswell.
Obviously it’s sore and I’ve done a number on myself as that is my ‘good’ side to eat on (what an idiot).
How long should it take to heal? Few days? Would it be ok to use difflam - or likely to irritate it further?
Biggest worry, is it likely I have done any permanent damage to the gum?
I’ve been taking such good care of my gums, I’m so mad I could let this happen. Attached a pic, hope it’s clear enough to see.
Does this look like a mild chemical burn? there are VERY sore white patches around the gum line of the back 3 teeth. I woke up in the early hours as it felt like my nightguard was rubbing and was sore so I took it out. Went to brush my teeth this morning and looked at my gum, wondering what all the white spots/patches and why it was still so sore.
Does this sound like a plausible explanation? Combination of the toothpaste pooling, being under occlusion and probably big of friction from my nightguard aswell.
Obviously it’s sore and I’ve done a number on myself as that is my ‘good’ side to eat on (what an idiot).
How long should it take to heal? Few days? Would it be ok to use difflam - or likely to irritate it further?
Biggest worry, is it likely I have done any permanent damage to the gum?
I’ve been taking such good care of my gums, I’m so mad I could let this happen. Attached a pic, hope it’s clear enough to see.
