• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Crown prep appointment tomorrow

S

ScaredyCanine

Next step for me is getting my tooth prepped and temp crown placed. Very happy with my root canal, the tooth feels stronger already, there was a lot of decay and a hole on the top of the tooth, can't wait to get this first crown finished.

I have a broken molar on the other side that still needs to be rtc'ed and crowned, but I think I am going to have my cleaning and fillings done first, depending on what my dentist recommends. This is all such a process, I'm taking things one at a time.

I'm still not looking forward to the procedures, but I know the anxiety and discomfort is temporary and getting my teeth improved is a the great reward!

Wish me luck!

Procedure went well, my dentist even complimented me on the improvement of my teeth, she said I must be brushing and flossing better. :)

I go in for four fillings and my cleaning next week, then I have my permanent crown placed in just over two weeks... then it's on to the other side of my mouth, which needs an RTC and 3 fillings. It's a lot of work to get done, but breaking it in to smaller pieces seems to be working well :)

Hi I am glad that you have got this far and that it is all going well for you. Having a good dentist goes a long way, and aren't we just like little kids when they say we are doing well with the cleaning. I am 55 and have to laugh at myself in all other aspects of my life I can easily think 'don't patronise me' in some circumstances but yet a dentist says 'you are doing well' with cleaning or treatment and I am back to being 5.

Good luck with the rest of your treatment :clover::clover::clover: :butterfly:

WhooooooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooo:cheer::cheer::cheer::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yayy::yayy::yayy::claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect::respect:

Hi ScaredyCanine (I love your name!). Congrats for getting along as far as yhou have already! It sounds like you have a great dentist who you feel comfortable with. I absolutely agree with you about breaking up the work into smaller more manageable chunks. It is not a race and you can take things at your own pace. Many people choose to knock out the smaller stuff first after anything urgent is taken care of. It just gives them time to build more of a trusting relationship with the dentist, build confidence, and desensitize a bit to the sights and sounds. Congrats again and please let us know how you get on. Your experiences will encourage others trying to make that first call for an appointment.

Back