A
AJM92
Junior member
- Joined
- Jan 6, 2024
- Messages
- 9
- Location
- UK
So, basically the title. I’ve not been on here in two years, when terrified of my dental appointment. I was scared about fillings. Then told all was well.
Fast forward to now, in the past two years, always told all was well and I fell back into bad old habits with my diet. I was still snacking, but tried to be healthy with it, but my Diet Coke addiction was strong with me (used straw when could). Got worse and worse with my anxiety and depression over the past year, and progressed to crips and sweets. This was due to university stress and now unemployment/family stress. I had to go back to living with parents and they always have sweets/chocolate/crisps/cakes around the place, I have no will power. I try keeping them in cupboards and biscuit barrels, but they always end up on the kitchen counter and I’m always hungry, like really badly even if I drink water. I’m always thinking about food.
Had X-rays done today and told there was a dark spot in my tooth (decay), but that it had been there when I had X-rays done two years ago. I either was not told this, or just completely forgot (more likely). Now it’s gotten a little bit bigger, but dentist doesn’t think it needs a filling right now, but will down the line. Dentist is also going to be doing regular x rays on it as well (in a year) and there is now a ‘watch’ on it.
I feel absolutely anxiety ridden again, I feel like I’ve failed yet again (loads of white fillings). I try and be good with hygiene, but I know it’s my diet. I’m scared the dark sport is going to get bigger, that my tooth could crack and break or that the teeth around it will become contaminated as well. I had felt really good over the last two years, now all that is gone.
I’m not sure if I should have insisted if the tooth be filled, cause I feel like that is going to weigh on my mind each time I go. But I know dentists won’t touch teeth unless they have to. I know I’m going to be beating myself up continuously now because of it.
Fast forward to now, in the past two years, always told all was well and I fell back into bad old habits with my diet. I was still snacking, but tried to be healthy with it, but my Diet Coke addiction was strong with me (used straw when could). Got worse and worse with my anxiety and depression over the past year, and progressed to crips and sweets. This was due to university stress and now unemployment/family stress. I had to go back to living with parents and they always have sweets/chocolate/crisps/cakes around the place, I have no will power. I try keeping them in cupboards and biscuit barrels, but they always end up on the kitchen counter and I’m always hungry, like really badly even if I drink water. I’m always thinking about food.
Had X-rays done today and told there was a dark spot in my tooth (decay), but that it had been there when I had X-rays done two years ago. I either was not told this, or just completely forgot (more likely). Now it’s gotten a little bit bigger, but dentist doesn’t think it needs a filling right now, but will down the line. Dentist is also going to be doing regular x rays on it as well (in a year) and there is now a ‘watch’ on it.
I feel absolutely anxiety ridden again, I feel like I’ve failed yet again (loads of white fillings). I try and be good with hygiene, but I know it’s my diet. I’m scared the dark sport is going to get bigger, that my tooth could crack and break or that the teeth around it will become contaminated as well. I had felt really good over the last two years, now all that is gone.
I’m not sure if I should have insisted if the tooth be filled, cause I feel like that is going to weigh on my mind each time I go. But I know dentists won’t touch teeth unless they have to. I know I’m going to be beating myself up continuously now because of it.
