• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

deathly afraid of the dentist.

T

tajones67

I have been reading alot on this site and it has helped me a great deal so, I decided to write about my recent experience at the dentist. I have not gone to the dentist in decades. only a few times to get a tooth pulled due to pain. I hate my teeth and after reading some of the stories on here I decided to get up the nerve to make an appointment. I went this week. I was worried about having very bad news along with the fact I actually needed to step in their building. As soon as I got in the chair, I cried and cried, had not even been looked at yet. the dentist was so nice, Unlike my childhood dentist, We talked alittle about my concerns and He worked his way to convince me to let him look. I survive the examination and found out that My teeth are not as bad as I thought. I need a few filling, a crown and cleaning. I was thinking dentures. I am so happy I went and I am now looking forward to getting the work done so, I can look at my teeth and finally really smile. I decided to get all the work needed under sedation. over time I hope I can bear with it without being heavily sedated but, this was a big step for me. I am very proud of myself. a few years ago I could barely drive by the dentist let alone go to an appointment. My advice is to be upfront about your fear so they know how to address you, I was told they experience this all the time. if they dont make you feel comfortable about the visit. they go to someone else. ;)

Hi Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience and WELL DONE for getting the courage to go and see the dentist :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cheer::cheer::cheer::dance2::wow::whirl::perfect::butterfly:

Back