• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental impression with RCT

I

Islandersgirl74

Do they take an impression of your whole mouth or just the area of the tooth they worked on? So afraid of gagging. How long does the temp crown last?

Just the area with the crown.

Some impressions are a lot easier than others it depends on which tooth. For a back molar they used a quadrant tray so it was only half of my mouth and very bearable. Didn’t gag a bit or even come close. Per my treatment plan, my front teeth need crowns and apparently that impression will be my whole upper mouth (the worse impressions ever) so I’m freaking out about that.

Some impressions are a lot easier than others it depends on which tooth. For a back molar they used a quadrant tray so it was only half of my mouth and very bearable. Didn’t gag a bit or even come close. Per my treatment plan, my front teeth need crowns and apparently that impression will be my whole upper mouth (the worse impressions ever) so I’m freaking out about that.
Ugh my two crowns are near the front too

Ugh my two crowns are near the front too

Apparenrly some dentist do crowns with digital scans instead of impressions! I’m going to look into that. I’m not liking the impression idea. Call your dentist office and ask what type of crown impression tray they use for the teeth numbers that need crowns. They will be able to tell you if it’s half a tray or full mouth. You may be worried for nothing :)

Back