• Dental Phobia Support

    Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

    Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental Impressions-this might drive me crazy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Erica.
  • Start date Start date
Erica.

Erica.

Junior member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
3
Location
South Florida
Okay, in the past 2 months I have has about 5 fillings and two root canals. Now, I am getting ready to get two of my teeth (near the front on top) crowned. I am scared shitless of impressions. When I was 12, and my braces were about to be taken off, I went in to get impressions of my teeth. The bottom impression was easy, the top one was terrible. I remember crying, scared I was going to choke or vomit. I don't know if I have ever been that scared in my life. The women who was doing it was so forceful and rude that when she turned around, I skipped out on the impression. I walked right out of the office and returned only to have my braces removed. That was my last time at a dentist's office until recently. I'm 19 now, and I still am really scared of gagging. Do they still take impressions of the entire jaw and tongue? Has anyone gone through with this yet?
I'm considering getting sedation to help me get through it, but I would prefer not to. Thanks for taking time out to read this.


By the way, I'm new here. My name is Erica, nice to meet you all! :grouphug:
 
I have trouble with them too....with alot of gagging.:-X I don't think they still do it with the tongue....I had some done with braces like 4 years ago and it was just my teeth, nothing else.
 
For crowns, it will probably be nothing like what you had in the past. When I had my bridge done, they only did that part of my mouth.
 
Back
Top