• Dental Phobia Support

Welcome! This is an online support group for anyone who is has a severe fear of the dentist or dental treatment. Please note that this is NOT a general dental problems or health anxiety forum! You can find a list of them here.

Register now to access all the features of the forum.

Dental pain in crowned tooth.

C

Charlotteg1988

I cracked a tooth with a root canal back in August, it broke the tooth nearly in half vertically. Due to the pandemic I wasn't seen for months. Eventually I was assessed and booked in for a crown, however before the date I cracked the tooth further. I had an emergency appointment and half the tooth was extracted.
I then had the crown prep on the remaining half, and a metal crown fitted.
A few weeks later I had this metal crown removed (very traumatic) as it was drastically affecting my bite, and I hadn't expected it to be silver.
Again I was measured/fitted for a new crown, and returned two weeks later to have a white one fitted (zirconia I think).

Its been a little sensitive since then (I never chew on it), and this was around 4 maybe 5 weeks ago. But the past few days if I've had sugary drinks it tingles/stings, and now it's sensitive to suction or pushing it with my tounge.
Some dental cement did fall out from the outside of the crown, it was in-between two teeth and preventing me from flossing. And I've also bought a sonic electric tooth brush instead of my standard tooth brush.

I really don't want to go back to the dentist. The whole thing has been traumatic and worsened my anxiety.

What could be causing the sudden extra pain?! Can I do anything at home to help?

Sorry, I don't think you've got any alternative but to go back and get it looked at.

Back